Colchester Family Fun Event Returns
The Colchester Family Fun Event is back for the third year with an epic line-up of family-friendly fun, musical acts, entertainment, and more!
After the first successful celebration of Colchester’s 225th birthday in 2017, the Town of Essex is back with another community celebration.
On Saturday, July 27, from Noon until 10:30pm, members of the community and local residents are invited to Colchester Park (100 Jackson Street) for the Colchester Family Fun Event.
The event will kick off with a community Open House facilitated by the Town’s Planning department on the future of development in Colchester Centre. Community members are invited to drop in from 11am to 2pm to share their opinions and provide feedback on potential changes to the Colchester Secondary Plan which directs land use, tourism and recreation initiatives, and design guidelines for Colchester Centre.
The event will feature also a wide range of family-friendly offerings.
· Noon to 4:00pm – Bike Windsor Essex hosts their Bike Rodeo, which will teach kids important bike safety tips.
· 1:00pm – Entertainer Beebo will wow the crowds with his unique musical stylings.
· 2:30pm – Kingsport Environmental will show off their stunning birds of prey.
· 3:30pm – Enchanted Adventure Parties will bring the magic with Princesses and Superheroes.
The party will continue into the evening with musical acts.
· 5:30pm – Harrow’s own Max Marshall will bring his acoustic and folk stylings to the stage.
· 6:45pm – Award winning local rock legend, Chistian Vegh, will wow the crowd with his guitar and musical talents.
· 8:15pm – Canadian Celtic rockers, Mudmen, will crank up the volume with their bagpipe-laden rock and roll tunes.
The fun will finish with a spectacular fireworks show sponsored by the Rafih Auto Group.
Event admission and parking are free. The Harrow Kinsmen will also be on-site with a BBQ fundraiser.
The event is funded through donations from local businesses and organizations. The Town of Essex would like to thank the following sponsors: Rafih Auto Group, Moir-Ferriss Crane, Noah Homes, AM800, WindsoriteDOTca, Home Hardware, Atlas Tube, Bike Windsor Essex, AutoxMaxx, Ken Knapp Ford, RobinSon Transport, Kehl Windows and Doors, Jones Group, Gerald A. Smith Funeral Home, Munger Electric, Hometown Family Pharmacy, Hallmark Memorial, Boudreau Group, Sellick Manufacturing, and Royal Canadian Legion Branch #338.