The Harrow Streetscape project is designed to support the Harrow community with significant investments in the built environment in the downtown core. This project includes a variety of streetscape elements including AODA-compliant sidewalks/crosswalks, curbing, bicycle racks, landscape treatments and plantings, and new street lighting. In addition to the streets, urban design improvements will occur in special areas such as significant intersections, gateway entrances, and accessibility challenges.
Project Timelines & Background
- June & July 2018: The Town of Essex appointed consulting firm Stempski Kelly Associates Inc. to engage the Harrow community and create a Harrow Streetscape Plan which includes design guidelines and elements inspired by community members.
- March 2020: The Town of Essex appointed Stantec Consulting Ltd. to provide engineering services to design, assist in procurement, and administer the Harrow Streetscape Project.
- November 2020: The Town officially announced grant funding for the Harrow Streetscape Project through the Rural Economic Development grant from the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.
- November 2020: The Town issued a Request for Tender inviting companies to submit their price to complete construction of the Harrow Streetscape Project.
- Winter 2021: Estimated timeline for awarding of the Harrow Streetscape Project construction contract.
- Spring 2021: Estimated start time for construction of the project.
- Fall 2021: Estimated completion for streetscape project.
For more information: https://www.essex.ca/en/build/harrow-streetscape-project.aspx