Essex – The Town of Essex is pleased to offer residents and builders Cloudpermit, a web-based e-permitting software for all building permit application types including residential, commercial, agricultural, and industrial construction projects. The intuitive platform allows residents, builders, and contractors to easily apply for a building permit, process payment, track the status of review and approvals, request inspections, and more.
Key Features of Cloudpermit Include:
- 24/7 Access: Cloudpermit allows individuals to apply for building permits at any time, from anywhere.
- Real-Time Tracking: Stay updated on the status of your building permit or building inspection and receive automated email notifications whenever your application status changes.
- Inspection Scheduling: Cloudpermit enables users to schedule or cancel building inspections online.
- Communication: Connect with the Building Services staff through time-stamped messages, ensuring clear and traceable communication throughout the permitting process.
- Secure Online Payments: Pay for your building permit conveniently and securely using a credit card.
- Modify Existing Permits: Request and submit changes to existing building permits.
Individuals can access Cloudpermit from the comfort of their home, or at the designated kiosk located at the Town of Essex Gesto Municipal Office at 2610 County Road 12, Essex, Ontario N8M 2X6.
To get started with Cloudpermit and access detailed instructions on the application process, including video tutorials, please visit: https://www.essex.ca/en/live/buildingpermits.aspx
Building Services staff can also be reached by phone at (519) 776-7336 extension 1400.